SIGN IN – LISTINGS
Albox Darts League
Rules 2013 Spring Season - Revised 10th March 2013
- 1. There will be one league with two divisions. All matches to be played on Tuesday nights. Games are to start between 8:00-8:30 pm. Both teams will list their first five (singles) players and then a draw will take place to give the playing order. At the end of the singles games, as before, the doubles names are put forward and the opposing team captain will then draw a pairing and the playing order will be as drawn. Each team must have six players or they will forfeit game(s) as per rule 2.
Match format: Eight games consisting of five singles, three doubles, 501, best of three. The centre bull counts as a double finish. The overall winning team scores three points or in the case of a draw, one point will be awarded to each team. If teams have the same amount of points in the league table, their positions will be decided by 'games won' difference.
- 2. Starting the game: Bull up first, nearest the bull starts. Alternate player starts the second leg and if the game goes to the third leg, bull up again and the nearest to that bull leg begins. Only darts in the board, self supported count. Any team with less than six players, forfeit one game per player and the game is marked as a "two legs to nil" win. The "home" team will provide a "chalker" and the visiting team will provide a "checker".
- 3. If the match is not started by 8:30 pm, the team responsible for the delay may be required to forfeit games. Start of competition must be no later than 8:30pm on the oche. This is not time to start practising or to list team members or other similar delaying tactics.
- 4. The inability to field a full team for a scheduled match is not a valid reason to postpone a match. No captains should ask for or agree to postponement due to not having enough players. If a captain has a valid reason for postponement (bad weather, road closure etc.), contact the opposing captain as soon as possible. The rearranged match must be played before the end of that half of the season. If the captains are unable to agree on a rescheduled date, the chairman should be contacted immediately.
- NOTE: Cancellations must be notified by 2 pm on Tuesday to avoid unnecessary travel or food preparation, failure to do so the secretary will deduct 3 points from the offending team.
5. The throwing pitch is to measure 7'9 1/4" (seven feet, nine and a quarter inches) THIS IS THE DISTANCE FROM THE SURFACE OF THE DART BOARD, NOT FROM THE WALL WHERE THE DARTBOARD IS MOUNTED, height from the floor to the centre of the bull, 5'8" (five feet, eight inches) and the hypotenuse 9'7" 2/5' (nine feet, seven inches and two fifths). Standard treble board is to be used of reasonable quality. Oche must be secured to the floor and be at least 1" (one inch) high. ADEQUATE LIGHTING SHOULD BE USED. Where possible at least two lights should be used to avoid shadows.
- Raised oche will be enforced.
- There is to be no intimidatory behaviour on the oche and the opposing player should stand behind player on the oche.
- 6. This year the Knockout Cup will be sponsored by the league and will be played at specified breaks in the season. All teams will be entered into the Knockout cup and the draw for the first round will take place once the season starts and teams will be notified of the draw then.
- 7. There is a trophy for the highest finish in a league match. Both captains should make a record of the highest finish of the evening on the match night. The secretary should be advised of highest finish along with the results.
- 8. All results Including 180's and high checkouts must either be sent by e-mail or mobile telephone text message by 10:00 am the following day to the following: - firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile number for text messages is 652 580 695. The results will be posted on http://alboxinfo.com/darts and also emailed to registered contacts.
- 9. Players are only allowed to move from one club to another once during the season. What ever the reason for the move the committee must be notified of any such move.
- 10. A copy of these rules must be displayed in the bar during the match.
- 11. The Winners Trophies remain the property of the Albox Darts League and must be kept in a good, clean condition and returned to the committee when requested.
- 12. A list of telephone numbers / email addresses for every team will be issued with the new fixture list. The following information is required at registration for the new season: -
- A minimum of two contacts for each team including both emails and mobile numbers
- Details of venue and telephone number of the venue
- 13. The registration fee is €40 per team for the 2012-2013 season. This fee is non-refundable should a team pull out of the league after registering.
- 14. Under no circumstances will the league tolerate any violent, abusive or threatening behaviour towards other players, spectators or host bars. The committee will take disciplinary action against any person such committing the said offences. Whose team players persistently any breach this rule will be disqualified from the league.
- 15. A copy of the accounts will be made available to captains at the end of the season.
- 16. It is the team's captains or their deputy's responsibility to communicate with all members of the team. This includes results, meeting minutes, the rules, fixture list and periodic notices. Individual team members have indicated that they have not been informed of competitions, rule changes etc.