To The Albox Info Directory Property in Almeria

Go Back   Albox Forum > Neighbourhood Security
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Neighbourhood Security Discuss neighbourhood security in your area. Please use the appropriate stickies to report suspect vehicles and robberies and break-ins

Old 14th June 2008, 10:45 AM

Default Warning

Hi all,
Just wanted to to warn everyone that there have been at spate of burglary's in the Partaloa area this week. 2 local familes have had their house cleared out by these bas***** whilst they were out in the evening.

take care everyone.
Old 2nd May 2009, 06:35 AM

Angry criminal scum

Hi Sterling. Obviously don't want you to give any info on the exact location of these crimes, but were there any neighbours or anything else to go on as to what 'time' these burglaries took place 'between' and any information as to identifying suspects or vehicle(s) used by any witness's? I've heard the police are not helpful regarding crime, and that on some occassions they dont even use a Scenes of Crime Officer to gather any potential forensic evidence. Was this the case for these victims? If not, will the police keep them informed of any progress with identifying the offenders through their investigation (assuming it goes further than just a paperwork exercise)?

Was this in the actual village or on the outskirts?

Again, if the police were involved, do you know if did they did any door to door enquiries? I expect the usual response of "this is Spain, not the UK", where catching criminals is the objective rather than using police resources to stop and fine one innocent motorist after another. Any idea who your area Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator is? They may have gathered some information from similar crimes or suspicious activity in the area, which if circulated will assist others maybe?

One thing is for sure, I know that in many cases, the burglars keep an eye on houses they have 'previously' burgled to look for when the victims replace their stolen property with new. They sometimes then burgle the same house again, knowing the replacement NEW items to be there. I don't wish to sound like I'm teaching anyone how to suck eggs, but DO NOT leave any sign (e.g. cardboard boxes and packaging) for people to see that they have new items. I know it doesn't make any difference, but we're sincerely sorry for these peoples loss, and wish them all the best. I will check for any updates on this report on this forum, should anyone else read your thread and have information to offer.

Last edited by bodhisattva : 2nd May 2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 7th May 2009, 11:11 PM

That incident posted by sterling was nearly a year ago in 2008!
Old 8th May 2009, 11:39 AM

So.....What is your problem Ramblagirl?
Old 8th May 2009, 11:52 AM

I don't think Ramblagirl has a problem.
She is just pointing out that the second poster has responded to an event which is nearly a year old.
Bodhi may not have realised that, because I didn't at first either.
Old 8th May 2009, 04:10 PM

I definately haven't got a problem....just making an observation.
Old 8th May 2009, 08:03 PM

Does this mean to say that any new members should not be kept aware of possible problems, and that anybody with concerns and possibly good ideas to help rectify any problems should not post replies to old threads?
I just thought Ramblagirl was rude in the way she commented on that reply