To The Albox Info Directory Property in Almeria

Go Back   Albox Forum > Help and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help and Advice Use this forum to obtain help and advice in matters of purchasing or renting a property, schools and education, healthcare, legal, financial and work opportunities.

Old 20th June 2008, 11:02 AM

Default Getting tattooed in Albox

Hey,

I'm thinking of getting more tattoos and just wondering if anyone has used the English run tattoo shop in Albox and how good it is? Has anyone heard any good/bad reviews from friends?

Thanks, any comments much apreciated.
Old 20th June 2008, 09:45 PM

Yes Claire, Most of my friends think tattoos on females are Bloody Ugly !
Old 24th June 2008, 09:47 AM

I agree don`t do it.!
Old 24th June 2008, 10:55 PM

Well, it is personal choice of course to get a tattoo, but lots of tattoos on a woman aren't very attractive, imo.
In addition, if you want to integrate with the Spanish, in the Albox area they seem quite old fashioned about the subject. The Spanish we spoke to didn't like tattoos on men or women and didn't like lots of piercings, especially on blokes.
They seemed to have a real distaste for it. Not entirely sure of the reason why, may be it's a social or class thing?!
Old 24th June 2008, 11:10 PM

Well I already have tattoos so to be honest I am just looking for opinions on how good the tattoos shop is... hygene, skills etc.... not on how tattoos look on women.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:14 PM

Also dig - I apreciate your comments on how the Spanish are, but I'm moving to Marbella in September for university, and they seem to be a lot more relaxed about it. All my tattoos can be hidden anyway. I wonder why they seem so against it?!
Old 25th June 2008, 08:37 PM

It's a funny kind of area. Very conservative in some respects and then quite liberal in others.

For example, re tattoos, dont know why they are like it - but you would think a predominantly Catholic country would frown upon one of their local girls being a centrefold - in a rather explicit sense. Not so... the attitude from the Spanish women on this was sort of 'local girl made good' or may be it was 'local girl made lots of money'!!

Dont know re the tattoo shop as I dont have any. Sorry you did invite any comments
Old 9th September 2008, 08:41 PM

Default tatoo

A new tatoo shop hs opened up in albox just before the mercadonna on the left. dont have any myself but think its ridiculous that spanish are not ok about the I have a pierced nose and have never had any probs and my husband has a tatoo too so dont take any notice and do what you want. Dont listen to all the rubbish people tell you especially the english.
Old 9th September 2008, 09:29 PM

helo
my personal opinion is that tattooes do look wrong on wimen but i dont think its wrong 4 ppl to have them i wouldent but its not wrong 4 other ppl to have them, and who ever came up with the idea about the spanish havin a problem with tattooes needs to chek again cos i have lived here 4 a very long time and there is no such problem.
Old 10th September 2008, 08:47 AM

It was me who said it actually Funky Monkey. All I did was give the opinion of a few Spanish people that I have spoken to who have said it.

The opinion is out there and is of some Spanish. I'm sure other Spanish are fine with it, as your comment suggests.

It may be a social/class/age thing. Some social classes and age groups tolerate it, others dont.

You tattooed lot dont need to be so defensive - as I said in my original post, having tats done is down to personal choice. I have plenty of friends who have tattoos, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me.

I just personally dont like to see lots of tattoos on people, especially women.