To The Albox Info Directory Property in Almeria

Go Back   Albox Forum > Pets - Lost, found, homing, advice etc
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pets - Lost, found, homing, advice etc Here's the place to look for a lost pet or tell someone about one that you've found.

Old 10th February 2011, 10:22 AM

Thumbs up Good place to walk our dogs off the lead

We live in Albanchez but often load the dogs into the car for a day out. Can anyone recommend a good place for letting them run around off the lead? They go for regular walks around the village, but they are used to having the chance to stretch their legs and run around like loonies. We haven't been here that long so we're not sure of where's good to let them off the lead.

Any suggestions gratefully received
Old 10th February 2011, 11:17 AM

Itís a long way for you to go, but above Chirivel, there is a Ďpassí over the Sierra Marias.
If you check out Google Earth, the pass goes almost straight up from Chirivel, and youíll be able to see how much open space there is.

Puff

NB it's rather high so take some extra clothing
Old 19th February 2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipman View Post
We live in Albanchez but often load the dogs into the car for a day out. Can anyone recommend a good place for letting them run around off the lead? They go for regular walks around the village, but they are used to having the chance to stretch their legs and run around like loonies. We haven't been here that long so we're not sure of where's good to let them off the lead.

Any suggestions gratefully received
I don't want to sound rude but why do all dog owners seem to think that every body wants to suffer a pack of dogs on the loose running a muck ,we have this problem where I live .Dogs should be kept on a lead ! not all people want a pack of dogs running towards them jumping up all over your clean trousers it can be quite menacing for some too. Did you come to Spain just to be able to do what you want!you cant walk the streets in England with a pack of dogs on the loose so why do it here. I don't know how many dogs you have but 4 or 5 small yapping mongrels seem to be the norm.let them off the lead on your own property that way nobody get bitten,threatened intimidated.Just one other thing why do dog owners here seem to think there's not need to pick up their dog mess nobody does its disgusting.I like dogs by the way but couldn't eat a hole one. Joking
Old 4th November 2011, 05:23 PM

Question Walking Dogs Off The Lead

I Am All For Letting Dogs Off For A Run But Only Out In The Countryside Where It Will Not Bother Anyone Else. I Do Not Know Your Area But I Live On Rambla De Oria And Even Though It Is Really Rural Where We Are, When Walking On The Rambla We Have Been Told By Our Local Guardia That If We Are Found With Our Dogs Off The Lead Then We Will Be Fined. I Don't Know How Much The Fine Would Be And I Have Checked That The Law In Spain Is That Dogs Must Always Be On A Lead In Public Areas. How Public The Guardia Think A Rambla Is, Thats Open To Interpretation. So Just Be Careful When You Have Yours Out. There Are Hundreds Of Dog Lovers Over Here In Spain And I Used To Be A Member Of A Ramblers Club. We Always Took Our Dogs Before They (and Us) Got To Old And Crochety So Maybe There Is A Club In Your Area That You Could Join And Walk Your Dogs With Like Minded People
Old 14th November 2011, 12:19 PM

Gerito - is there a reason why you begin every word with a capital letter?
Old 15th May 2012, 07:49 PM

Ducati You R A Tosser
Old 27th May 2012, 08:56 AM

Ducati, as the owner of three mongrel rescue dogs of varying size/breed mixture/temperament (and a much pampered house cat brought with us from the UK), I agree with everything you say! It is disgusting. I am happy to pick up my dogs' crap (how difficult is it to carry nappy sacks and a small bottle of antibac?) but then I have a woman who walks her dogs off the lead twice a day next to my wall and she lets her dog crap there in front of my gate and I have to clean it up, as I don't know if her dogs are wormed, vaccinated etc. I don't want my kids or my dogs to catch anything! Our animals are all fully vaccinated and wormed, we even give them mineral water to reduce the risk of water borne parasites!We always walk our dogs on the lead for safety of other people (as they are still not a year old so only puppies, boisterous and one is a bit nippy if she feels we are threatened) and for ourselves and our dogs, as there is always someone putting poison down and we had to witness a friend's dog die recently. I am sure there are safe places to let the dogs go for a run but we have been advised to be very careful. We have three kids so the dogs have a lot of time spent with them playing in the garden etc. and they are very happy. The idea of a rambling club where you can go on long walks with the dogs on a lead is a great idea. Ours run off their energy in garden playing games with us all retrieving their toys etc. Not sure if anyone thinks my opinion is valid but I am from a family of dog breeders and believe in responsibility as a dog owner.