To The Albox Info Directory Property in Almeria

Go Back   Albox Forum > Neighbourhood Security
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Neighbourhood Security Discuss neighbourhood security in your area. Please use the appropriate stickies to report suspect vehicles and robberies and break-ins

Old 1st August 2010, 01:16 PM

Default "charity collections - -"

I was going up the street in Albox a few weeks ago chatting to my wife when a Spanish woman thrust a clip board into my hands with signatures on and gave me a biro - -I automatically assumed it was for collecting signatures for some good cause and I started writing mine when I realised that the other "signatures" had amounts of euros next to them. Anyway I finished scribbling my name and wrote 1 euro down, gave the woman her board back with one euro. Yes I know I was taken and I know I should read what I'm signing for before I sign but it happened so fast! I only gave one euro but I amazed myself that I was so gullible! It won't happen again!
Old 30th March 2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthelock View Post
I was going up the street in Albox a few weeks ago chatting to my wife when a Spanish woman thrust a clip board into my hands with signatures on and gave me a biro - -I automatically assumed it was for collecting signatures for some good cause and I started writing mine when I realised that the other "signatures" had amounts of euros next to them. Anyway I finished scribbling my name and wrote 1 euro down, gave the woman her board back with one euro. Yes I know I was taken and I know I should read what I'm signing for before I sign but it happened so fast! I only gave one euro but I amazed myself that I was so gullible! It won't happen again!
Ha that happened to me outside Longos ! I'm no mug but I was well and truly mugged at this particular time it all happened so fast 2 of them working in tandem with the clip boards preying on brits or anyone not Spanish I signed what I thought was a petition or something then she started hassling me for money I gave her about 80 cents and told her to F=== off and leave me alone or I,ll call the police
Old 12th May 2011, 02:41 PM

Apparently these bogus collectors are about again around the Mercadona - don't be fooled by them!! They have "names and signatures" already on their clip boards and fake ID. They are just targeting the British.