To The Albox Info Directory Property in Almeria

Go Back   Albox Forum > Help and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help and Advice Use this forum to obtain help and advice in matters of purchasing or renting a property, schools and education, healthcare, legal, financial and work opportunities.

Old 5th October 2008, 02:17 PM

Question Private Medical Insurance

Hi

I am looking for private medical cover. I also would like to make sure the cover includes general practitioners who speak English, or at least some English and are not too far away from Albox. If you have private medical cover and you are happy with the company you are using, I would be very grateful to know who you are using.

Thanks
Old 6th October 2008, 12:56 AM

Hola,

Will send you a pm, not sure if recommendations are allowed, don't wish to upset the "Mods" and "El Jefe"

mikeyj
Old 6th October 2008, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Hi mikeyj,

There's no problem with making recommendations. Let the world know if you've had a good experience...

Old 6th October 2008, 06:26 PM

Hola cfmp,

We have had Sanitas cover now for three and a half years and thankfully have only had to use them on one occasion, just a week or so back as it happens.

Overall we were happy with the whole experience, the actual hospitals were excellent and it was nice to have a private recovery room for the whole day/night if we needed it.

You would be best advised to check out their website at sanitas.es (english option available), we took out the "classic" cover over the internet with no hitches.

For the equivalent of a doctors surgery (Primary Care Centre), we would now have to travel to either Garrucha or Mojacar. The 2 hospitals we had to visit were in Almeria, a 2 hour trip!

As for the question of English speaking doctors, you might find that it is pot luck, I believe that there are translators on hand but could not vouch for this, in our case, the surgeon spoke fluent english, we were lucky, but in fairness did not ask for any assistance.

Their booklet, in english, says that arrangements and assistance is available in english. Certainly the helpdesk spoke perfect english.

Please pm me if you require any more details, hope this was of some help.

mikeyj
Old 7th October 2008, 06:07 PM

Smile Private Medical Insurance

Hola Mikeyj

Thanks for the info. I have already looked at their website and it is nice to hear that you were happy with their services. I will contact them.

Gracias

cfmp