Albox Forum

Albox Forum (http://www.alboxinfo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Albox & Spain General Chatter (http://www.alboxinfo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What is Albox like? (http://www.alboxinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996)

Wichipooh 1st April 2010 05:10 PM

What is Albox like?
 
Hello everyone outhere that I did have the pleasure to meet up until now.

I'm am going to rent a place in Partaloa, which is a very smal town, but I come from the seaside and it disguests me, busy busy busy, chaos all over the place,....... this is NOT what I so desperatly need.

I need peace and rest but not to far from a place (Albox), where things are happening. Is there a supermarket, sports you can do, spanish lessons in small groups ( not to pricy).
Is it alive, that's what I really want to know. (Don't care about nightlive, just things that happen during the daytime....)

Because, this time I move, I waaaant to stay. I really want to find 'a home'.

I want peace and quiet, and excitment when I need it. Please tell me I can find those thing in Albox.

I will be viewing these houses next week (propable tuesday, after the Easter WE),


Will somebody (or -people) please tell me if moving 250 km up into the country will be worth it????

Thank you so much, in advance !!!!

Big Hugs,
Wichipooh :)

Eric 1st April 2010 06:36 PM

Lifestyle.....country living!
 
Hi Wichipooh,
I have lived close to Albox now for ten years and have enjoyed the country living lifestyle. Things have change here, but I still find it relaxing.
Everything you require for easy living is here.
From Spanish and English supermarkets, yoga classes, language classes, great little bars and cafes, again, Spanish and English. Ten pin bowling, walking groups, cycling groups, painting groups, healthfood store, tennis courts, padel courts, swimming pools (except in Albox!), most other towns have their own council run pool.

Restaurants to treat your taste buds, Indian, Chinese and Italian……and lots of other places that have great A La Carte menus.
Market days to buy your fruit and vegetables, or seedlings for your vegetable patch….. grow your own!!
It’s all here….


ducati 1st April 2010 06:59 PM

Hi to everyone i'm new here,hi Wichipooh ,Ive been in the Albox regeon for the last week (back in England now boo)my girlfriend and I have been looking at houses about 30 in all. I love the place and It can only get better ! the amount of money being poured into the infrastructure etc will turn Albox into a real cosmopolitan hive of prosperity one day.
My girlfriend and I have found a lovley farmhouse that we are about to put a deposit on 15minutes out of town and cant wait to be a part of life here.We looked at so many houses our heads were spinning eventually we plumbed for a old cortijo -farmhouse due to the uncertainty of the legality of new builds this point being the only downside of the albox area that realy must be sorted out buy the authorities pronto 'why' the whole world is looking at the situation and it isnt doing the area any favours -it cant move forewardsno matter how good the roads are!!!!
If you look hard enough you can find everything you need both sides of the rambler thou it looks like they are concentrating on what I call the north side(where all the banks etc are a lovley meeting place will coffee shops etc and a brand new pedestrian shopping high street with marble balls everywhere and a new centre piece-a massive marble statue of a man leading his donkey and cart its wonderful,there are loads of places to eat out from Indian English China Spanish and market day is awsome and the people so friendly. We cant wait to go back and start building a new life there.Hope this helps you a little. And please if anyone in authority is reading this sort out the planning situation and illegal building situation from what ive seen the English Dutch germans etc are a massive asset to the economy of Albox without them it will die. Sorry about my spelling :rolleyes:

bobthelock 2nd April 2010 02:15 AM

I like Eric's photos with rocking chairs - I'm feeling less stressed already - - -It is also good to read such positive postings about Albox as there appear to be a fair number of moaners about - although with some businesses finding it difficult to continue and of course the uncertainty of the housing situation - it is sometimes understandable. Don't forget non residents have to pay IBI (council tax) and government taxes (notional rent) - estate agents dont tell you about these things! And if you are fully resident your world wide income is taxable. All this is not easy to understand as the onus is on the individual to pay and find out. The Spanish Government appears to be clamping down on any non-payers by finding information from the electricity suppliers and land registry etc. I'm feeling stressed again - how did that happen - - - ! :eek:

The Sheriff 2nd April 2010 08:02 AM

I too have lived here for 10 years - 5 x 2 on different sides of Albox town.

1st 5 were on a ' English Estate ' our's the 2nd house to be built - supposed to be only 12 houses when started - moved out when it got to over 150 - and like Coronation Street.

For the last 5 we have been out in the country ' Peace & Tranquility ' nearest property 5 mins drive away - nearest English neighbours 15 mins drive away - nothing to disturb the day but - the sound of silence.

Albox despite it's current problems is a great place to live - unless you cannot survive without PC World - M & S and such like ????

ducati 2nd April 2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthelocksmith (Post 2475)
I like Eric's photos with rocking chairs - I'm feeling less stressed already - - -It is also good to read such positive postings about Albox as there appear to be a fair number of moaners about - although with some businesses finding it difficult to continue and of course the uncertainty of the housing situation - it is sometimes understandable. Don't forget non residents have to pay IBI (council tax) and government taxes (notional rent) - estate agents dont tell you about these things! And if you are fully resident your world wide income is taxable. All this is not easy to understand as the onus is on the individual to pay and find out. The Spanish Government appears to be clamping down on any non-payers by finding information from the electricity suppliers and land registry etc. I'm feeling stressed again - how did that happen - - - ! :eek:

Hi Bob tell me more about the IBI coucil tax and notional rent as we intend to be non resident for a year or 2 ... how much more will we be paying opposed to being resident :eek: thanks

ducati 2nd April 2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sheriff (Post 2476)
I too have lived here for 10 years - 5 x 2 on different sides of Albox town.

1st 5 were on a ' English Estate ' our's the 2nd house to be built - supposed to be only 12 houses when started - moved out when it got to over 150 - and like Coronation Street.

For the last 5 we have been out in the country ' Peace & Tranquility ' nearest property 5 mins drive away - nearest English neighbours 15 mins drive away - nothing to disturb the day but - the sound of silence.

Albox despite it's current problems is a great place to live - unless you cannot survive without PC World - M & S and such like ????

You sound worldly wise Sheriff it seems that council tax is about 60e a year average is that correct but Bob says that there's another scale for non residents IBI !!! what do you know :rolleyes:cheers

bobthelock 3rd April 2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati (Post 2478)
Hi Bob tell me more about the IBI coucil tax and notional rent as we intend to be non resident for a year or 2 ... how much more will we be paying opposed to being resident :eek: thanks

Sheriff is I am sure an expert and will no doubt provide the best information as we have only purchased a house last May and have yet to actually pay IBI or the Renta government tax but reading forums and internet sites I have gained some info as follows :

Fiscal situation in Spain.

Tax status. Non-resident Residing in Spain less than 183 days.
Nº properties. 1 As a non-resident owner of a Spanish property you are obliged to pay government and local taxes annually.
Annual Taxes. Government taxes You are required to present 1 Income Tax declarations for each co-owner (form 210).
Local taxes You are required to pay Council Tax (IBI) for each property.
Registration with the Tax Authority. For each co-owner You are required to present form Nº 030.
Approximate amounts to be paid. Income Tax examples. (If property is joint owned, divide Income Tax amount by nº of co-owners) Good news!: As Wealth Tax currently has a zero rating government taxes are reduced by approx. 60%.
Property value/
Rateable value Income Tax amount
(Calculated on rateable value)
100.000€ / 35.000€ 168€
140.000€ / 40.000€ 192€
200.000€ / 60.000€ 288€
Council Tax examples. Between 0.4% and 1.17% (according to area) of rateable base rate value.

I have no interest in giving free advertising to any website but the following one provides good info on taxes to pay for residents and non-residents :
http://www.abacoconnect.com/local-co...taxes-in-spain (click on 'spanish taxes' ). I'm sure others in the forum could provide sound advice from their own experience. :eek:

The Sheriff 3rd April 2010 07:42 AM

Bobthelocksmith, thanks for your support but I am no means an ' Expert ' just someone who tries to find out more than is normally told to you.

I was once told by a very wise teacher at school some 55 years ago - be careful passing yourself off as an expert - because the definition of such is

Ex = A has been !
Spurt = A drip under pressure. ??????

We signed / registered to pay IBI some three years ago now - still waiting for the 1st bill to come !!!!

ducati 3rd April 2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthelocksmith (Post 2480)
Sheriff is I am sure an expert and will no doubt provide the best information as we have only purchased a house last May and have yet to actually pay IBI or the Renta government tax but reading forums and internet sites I have gained some info as follows :

Fiscal situation in Spain.

Tax status. Non-resident Residing in Spain less than 183 days.
Nº properties. 1 As a non-resident owner of a Spanish property you are obliged to pay government and local taxes annually.
Annual Taxes. Government taxes You are required to present 1 Income Tax declarations for each co-owner (form 210).
Local taxes You are required to pay Council Tax (IBI) for each property.
Registration with the Tax Authority. For each co-owner You are required to present form Nº 030.
Approximate amounts to be paid. Income Tax examples. (If property is joint owned, divide Income Tax amount by nº of co-owners) Good news!: As Wealth Tax currently has a zero rating government taxes are reduced by approx. 60%.
Property value/
Rateable value Income Tax amount
(Calculated on rateable value)
100.000€ / 35.000€ 168€
140.000€ / 40.000€ 192€
200.000€ / 60.000€ 288€
Council Tax examples. Between 0.4% and 1.17% (according to area) of rateable base rate value.

I have no interest in giving free advertising to any website but the following one provides good info on taxes to pay for residents and non-residents :
http://www.abacoconnect.com/local-co...taxes-in-spain (click on 'spanish taxes' ). I'm sure others in the forum could provide sound advice from their own experience. :eek:

Thanks Bob the income tax on property ownership is a new one on me and coupled with local tax still doesn't sound to bad amount compared to UK council tax thanks again :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004-2008 AlboxInfo.com All rights reserved.